Thank you to everyone who helped put on Alaska Pride this year. I had a lot of fun at the events I attended and wished I could have gone to more.
My favorite parts were:
- Seeing people I haven’t seen in a while
- Hanging out in public with my partner’s arm around my waist
- Being so gay and having it be okay!
- The sun
- Watching the young lesbians and re-living my days of young dyke hotness
- Bringing my daughter to queer-friendly activities
Alaska isn’t perfect but it is my home and I want to stay. I am so grateful for our State of Pride.
Laura Carpenter lives in Anchorage with her partner and daughter. She’s already looking forward to Pride next year.